Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Birthday To My Eldest Son

Six years ago I became a mother. There is nothing else in my life that has molded and shaped me like motherhood has. Up until 12-12-06, I liked kids. I spent my life babysitting, life guarding, and even nursing them back to health. I thought I knew just about everything one would need to know to be fully prepared to be a mom. Ever since 12-13-06, B1 (oldest son) has been showing me otherwise.

He is my Christmas baby, even though he wasn't supposed to arrive until after it. From the very beginning he has been unpredictable and very independent.
He has blazed a very wide trail for his brothers and handles being the oldest with grace, and a little bit of bossiness. He is very inquisitive and asks thought-provoking questions. He is very funny and likes to think he is tricky.

The oldest child turning six is very significant for me. Finally, I have a child that is making a maturity move from a toddler to a school-age child. With B2 on B1's heels, and the twins about to enter toddlerhood, somebody had to move on.

I look forward to enjoying the next six with him, I'd better because once he turns twelve, we will be entering the stage that might possibly be more challenging than the one we just made it through.













2 comments:

  1. awww, look how beautiful you both are in this last picture! happy birthday Brodie;) There is something special about having your first child at christmas i think.

    ReplyDelete