Thursday, May 23, 2013

Update to Twins and Toddler Beds

Since I wrote the previous post, more changes have occurred. The twins have perfected turning their toy bins over and using them to boost up and grab at wall decor, baby wipes, etc...
So now their toys are without organization since I had to put the bins away.

The summer sun comes through their east-facing window most of the day, and since they had pulled down their black-out shades, I had to hang a blanket up, just to the point they can't reach it. This blocks a little bit of the sun, but still isn't a great solution for nap time.

The biggest change came today when I heard a crash and opened the door to see that they were climbing on the sides of their toddler beds and pulling each other off. The reason I turned their cribs into toddler beds was because I didn't want them climbing on their cribs, falling out, and potentially breaking a bone or have a head injury. With that being said, I spent this evening taking down their beds, now they are left with their mattresses on the floor.

They have less things in their room than an inmate has in prison, but they are happy anyway.
At bedtime, they were using their mattresses as a tumbling track of sorts, laughing and enjoying each other.

I thought it was difficult having twins as infants, but these toddler twins are beyond anything I have handled before or could have imagined. While taking deep breaths and taking it minute by minute, I will get through this stage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment